The 550th Anniversary of the Birth of Guru Nanak
© Image by Roop Dey Fathepur Sikri is town in the Agra District of Uttar Pradesh. The city itself was commissioned by the Mughal Emperor, Akbar in 1571.
The Red Fort Complex is considered the final flourishing of Mughal architecture, combining Islamic, Persian, Timurid and Hindu traditions. It was built in the mid-17thC and became a symbol of the power of Mughal emperor Shahjahan. It consists of the Red Fort, with its walls, gates, palaces, baths, mosques and British period buildings, and Salimgarh Fort (an older fort, connected to the Red Fort by a bridge).
After 1857 the site was used as the headquarters of the British Indian Army. They introduced new colonial-style buildings and functions over the earlier Mughal structures.
It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007.
The 100th Anniversary of the Jallianwal Bagh Massacre