Tuesday, April 14, 2015

USA ~Maine - Belfast ~

I've been spoiled with so many fantastic surprises lately...this  aerial view was sent by a reader of my blog...I only heard of Belfast in Northern Ireland but this place looks wonderful...thanks a lot Marie-lynne, always nice to find out that people enjoying all my  *hard work* here!!(◕‿-)
Photo © Jim Abts
Maine  is the largest state in the New England region, (all of the other New England States could fit into Maine) bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and south; New Hampshire to the west; and the Canadian provinces of Quebec to the northwest and New Brunswick to the northeast. Maine is both the northernmost and easternmost portion of New England.

The city of Belfast sits on a hill overlooking the breathtaking tidal waters of Penobscot Bay and was settled in 1765.

With nice Earth Day 2014 Global Forever Stamp.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie-Lynne, if you like a postcard from "tiny" Belgium in return just email me your address!
    theunis.gerda@telenet.be
    Groetjes,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Belfast, Maine, either...but it sure is picturesque right there on the water's edge.

    ReplyDelete