The Sanssouci Palace - Considered the German equivalent of the Palace of Versailles in Paris. It was commissioned by King Frederick the Great who wanted to live “sans souci” meaning “without concerns” in French. It is part of the Sanscouci Park and has three palaces: Sanssouci Palace, the New Palace and Charlottenhof Palace. The Palaces and Parks were constructed between 1730 and 1916.
Sanssouci is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin". This WHS exists since 1990 with three extensions in 1991, 1992 and 1999.
The 100th Anniversary of the Möhnetalsperre Dam