Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Republic of Guinea ~ Kissidougou ~

...One more rare African beauty... Madeleine discovered my blog and saw Guinea on my missing list...so I found this amazing and unexpected "surprise" in my mailbox...  Thanks a million Madeleine!!  If you happen to read this message, please let me your address to send something back :D

Catholic Church, Kissidougou

Guinea (formerly known as French Guinea) is a country in West Africa on the Atlantic ocean,  also bordered by Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, Mali, Côte d'Ivoire, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.  The country consists of a coastal plain, a mountainous region, a savanna interior, and a forest area in the Guinea Highlands. The highest peak is Mount Nimba at 5,748 ft (1,752 m).

The city of Kissidougou is located in the eastern forest region of central Guinea close to Sierra Leone and Liberia.


Stamps:
????
Football - "Africa Cup of Nations"
(Issued January 20-01-2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment