Monday, November 22, 2010

SRI LANKA ~Tea-Plucker Hill County~

Beautiful picture of a tea-plucker! Although I'm a tea drinker I think here in Belgium coffe is more popular than tea...I was just thinking that I have to buy a much larger magnetboard (and I already have a big one) for showing all my favourite cards so that I can look at all of them while I'm enjoying my cup of tea!
Big thanks Ravindra!! :D
And 4 really great stamps too!

The Central Highlands of Sri Lanka offer a salubrious cool climate. The mountain slopes are covered with acres and acres of tea with its fragrant aroma mingling with the fresh air. Nestled among the mist covered central hills in a cool basin is Nuwara Eliya, the hill resort, resembling a little English village. Road leading to this hill station winds through miles and miles of 'green carpet' of tea bushes where tea pluckers are seen busily picking the 'bud and two leaves' that go to form the most popular brew in the world, the 'Ceylon Tea'.

No comments:

Post a Comment