Monday, April 6, 2009

FRANCE

Three great cards from France received today... Each of them written and stamped, the way I like my cards the most !:) One from Paris, known as the most romantic city in the world... Must admit I'm not such a romantic soul... Maybe that is the reason why I never visited the city.... For me it is with the Thallys only a journey of 1hour and 20 minutes.... I would rather go to Normandy, most known for the "Normandy Landing during World War II"... and with beautiful beaches and nature!!

The Eiffel Tower is an iron tower beside the Seine River in Paris with a height of 324m. It is the most visited paid monument in the world.


Le Pont de Normandie (completed in 1995) is a cable stayed bridge over the river Seine. The main span is 2800 feet long and raises 165 feet above the water level.It can be cross by car or by foot.


Normandy is situated along the coast of France, south of the English Chanel. Normandy is a land rich of castles and manor houses. A manor is a type of historical building.

No comments:

Post a Comment