Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SAINT-PIERRE et MIQUELON

.... Two cards today from totally different places.. A beautiful nature view of Estonia an European country and one from Saint-Pierre et Miquelon an island of which I never heard before. This makes my hobby so interesting, I learn about so many new places... And last but not least the card is one of my favorites!! It will be such a great addition to my whale collection. :):)

.
The Territorial Collectivity of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon is a group of small french islands in the North Atlantic Ocean, the islands are close to Newfoundland. Every spring whales migrating to Greenland are visible off the coast of the island.

2 comments:

  1. Saint-Pierre and Miquelon is a French overseas Territory.The card was not sent from there,as the Canadian stamps show ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! Yes, you're right... they have their own stamps. One more missing place on my wanted list... maybe you can help? :D Thanks for letting me know!
      Groetjes,
      Gerda

      Delete