The Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque is located in the capital of Brunei Darussalam in Bandar Seri Begawan. Completed in 1958, Masjid Omar Ali Saifuddien named after the 28th Sultan of Brunei (the late father of the current sultan). Built in an artificial lagoon that serves as a reflecting pool on the banks of the Brunei River at Kampong Ayer- the "village in the water".
The floor and walls are made from the finest Italian marble, the chandeliers were crafted in England and the luxurious carpets were flown in from Saudi Arabia. A 3.5-million-piece glass mosaic overlaying real gold leaf covers the main dome.
Sultan Sir Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah