Sunday, September 29, 2013

FIJI ~Levuka - Old Capital - UNESCO ~

...And my last little gem.... card nr 2 of Fiji from David (sent 05-09-2013) "Bula" or "Hello" from Fiji...I do love all my received cards but this set from the Pacific made me really jump of joy... I can't thank you enough David for making the effort to send so many gorgeous postcards...must be the first time to enlarge my collection so much in such a short time! ^__^



With lovely stamp:
Anemone fish
(Issued 07-11-2006)

Fiji comprises of approximately 330 islands, about one - third are inhabited. It covers about 1.3 million square kilometers of the South Pacific Ocean. The two major islands are Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. After nearly a century as British colony, Fiji became independent in 1970. Today Fiji has one of the most developed economies of the Pacific islands.

 Levuka is a town on the eastern coast of the Fijian islands. It was formerly the Capital of Fiji.
This picturesque town was declared Fiji's first World Heritage Site by UNESCO in July 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment