Tuesday, April 10, 2012

PORTUGAL ~Porto-Casa da Musica~

An interesting and great building arrived today from Portugal (PT-230762).When I first looked at it I didn't know if I liked it...It made me think of a star ship that seems to take off.:D:D But the more I see it, the more I like it... and it must be wonderful to go there for a concert!!! Thanks a lot Miguel!!

Love the stamp too!
Casa da Musica or House of Music is a very well-known concert hall in the city Porto. The hall is a cultural institution and has three in-house orchestras namely: Orquestra Nacional do Porto, Orquestra Barroca and Remix Ensemble.
Designed by Rem Koolhaas, an architect from the Netherlands, the Casa da Musica in Porto was built in 2005 as a part of the works done to welcome the European Culture Capital initiative and soon enough became an iconic city symbol.
It is the first building in Portugal entirely dedicated to music and built in a complete new concept, Box in the Box construction method, for the best results, of acoustic performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment