Wednesday, August 24, 2011

GERMANY ~Royal Castle Neuschwanstein~

And my second offical card today is this amazing castle in a beautiful setting, on a rugged peak! (had it on my favourites list for a long tome.:D)I always thought that is was a fairy-tail looking castle and now I found on the internet that it was the inspiration for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle and that it appeared in several movies... Thanks Willi!!
Love the stamp too!

Neuschwanstein Castle, royal palace in the Bavarian Alps of Germany, the most famous of three royal palaces built for Louis II of Bavaria, sometimes referred to as Mad King Ludwig.It was built between 1869 and 1886. Only about a third of the building was actually completed.

2 comments:

  1. Neuschwanstein is always a popular photo subject, but well worth the trip.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Have you visit the castle?
    I would love to go there someday...
    Groetjes,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete