Friday, May 7, 2010

SRI LANKA ~Kandy-UNESCO~

I must say.. it was a great postcard week!^_^ Got lots of soooo nice cards with beautiful views, new UNESCO sites and even a new country. And last but not least I got a wonderful Unesco site from Sri Lanka today. This is such country of which I thought I never ever could get a card from and now I have already four... LOVE THIS HOBBY OF MINE!! :-):-)
I always try to thank everyone in person but I want to do it again on my blog... THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR ALL THOSE WONDERFUL POSTCARDS. GERDA


Sri Dalada Maligawa or The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex which houses the Relic of the tooth of Buddha. Since ancient times, the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy was the last capital of the Sinhalese kings and is a UNESCO world heritage site partly due to the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment