Friday, January 22, 2010

SRI LANKA ~Dambulla-UNESCO~

What a great way to end the week... Two soooooo wonderful cards!!
It has been a while since I received a whale card for my collection and I like it a lot.
....And I love each received card but one from Sri Lanka what still can be considered as a rare country makes it really speciale and even more because it is a UNESCO site.( with matching stamp).By searching for information on the internet I found this:
...With its beautiful palm fringed sandy beaches, emerald green tea plantations, exotic wildlife, ancient culture, fascinating temples, colourful festivals and friendly people Sri Lanka is the ideal place for an unforgettable holiday experience......
But I will have to do it with my cards and dreams...^__^


Dambulla cave temple also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site (1991) in Sri Lanka, situated in the central part of the country.There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding area. Major attractions are spread over 5 caves, which contain statues and paintings. These paintings and statues are related to Lord Buddha and his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment