Friday, May 22, 2009

South Africa ~Hermanus-The Whale Crier~

WOW!! What a great end of the week! :) Received three lovely cards today... Again a nice US map card with this time all the states and their capitals. Another amazing beach card. The film "The Beach" with Leonardo the Caprio was filmed on this location. I think it must be a dream destination.... I received already a few beaches and each time I think this must be the most beautiful but then I got an even more beautiful...
But I must admit the card that made me the most happy is the whale card!! :):). I've seen a documentary on TV about those " Whale Crier" and now I have a card from him sent from South Africa.



Hermanus is home of the world's only Whale Crier. The Whale Crier's kilp horn was heard in Hermanus in August 1992. When he spots a whale he blows on his kelp horn....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think I saw this guy on tv quite some time ago as well!

    And since we're not planning a holiday this year, I'll be visiting your postcard page a lot, almost as good as going on holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete