Friday, April 17, 2009

CHILE ~Easter Island-UNESCO~

Oke... I must admit... I think this is one of my most favoutite received cards... but a trip to Easter Island and to see this amazing and so mysterious statues are on top of my wishlist...I think it must be one of the strangest and most magical places on earth!! Because this probably remains a dream... to have a card from the site in my collection is certainly the second best thing...


Ahu Tongariki are 15 giant volcanic rock statues called Moais on Easter Island in the South Pacific . Ahu Tongariki is the largest ceremonial platform on Rapu Nui and dates back to 900-1000 AD. They where built to watch over ancient settlement and all stand with their back to the ocean. The main body of the figure weights ninety tons and the Pukao or hat another ten.It became a UNESCO site in 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment