Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PHILIPPINES ~Ati-Atihan Festival~

Again four beautiful new cards for my collection...
From Europe, Estonia to South America, Brazil to South East Asia, Philippines....This variety of cards and places makes my hobby so interesting and addictive!! :):)

The Ati-Atihan Festival is a feast held in honor of the Santo Niño held annually in January concluding on third Sunday, in the town of Kalibo, Aklan in the Philippines.

It is the wildest among Philippine fiestas and considered as the Mother of All Philippine festivals. Celebrants paint their faces with black soot and wear bright, outlandish costumes as they dance in revelry during the last three days of this two week-long festival. Catholics and non-Catholics alike observe this special day with processions, parades, dancing, and merrymaking.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to know my postcards arrived there complete. You do research bout the postcards which is great.

    You are welcome Gerda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me searching for information about each card I receive makes my hobby so interesting and I have learnt so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the famous and oldest festival in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete