Monday, January 12, 2009

Brunei ~Capital-Bander Seri Begawan~

This must be one of the most beautiful views I ever received. Before I started my hobby (postcards collecting) I never heard of all this beautiful places and now I receive postcards from there.... I'm so happyy!!!After Kazackstan and Jordan is this already my third new country in 2009. :)

 Amazing in appearance, The Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque is Brunei's proudest architectural achievement. It sits on an artificial lagoon near the Brunei River in Kampong Ayer, which is appropriately enough, known as a "water village". A structure in the water that resembles a ship was at one time used for official state ceremonies. The mosque is the largest in the Far East, and considered among the most beautiful in the world. It reaches a height of 52 meters and is topped with a gold dome supported by walls of Italian marble, which also forms the mosque columns, arches, and towers. The stained glass was hand made in England and the carpets are Saudi Arabian.

No comments:

Post a Comment