Friday, May 14, 2010

EGYPT ~Luxor-UNESCO~

Yesterday everyone got a day of from work ( so also my postman :-)). We celebrated the Ascension of Jesus. I think that must be the reason why I got three great and all UNESCO cards today! A card from Ukraine, Germany and Egypt!
....I was thinking why is the roof of the Ukrainian Cathedral is so green... Such churches you never find here in West Europe...
A few years ago we had a programme here on TV about the hanseatic cities, I found it really interesting and to have a card of one of this cities in Germany is so nice!
My last wonderful card is from Egypt, sent from Cairo where it was 27°C. I'm a bit jealous, here in Belgium it is still so cold without any sunshine...

On the right stamp is one of the greatest temple complexes built by ancient Egyptians. There used to be two obelisks at the entrance but the 2nd one was given to France as a gift in 1829 and stand now in Paris.

Luxor Temple is a large Ancient Egyptian temple complex located on the east bank of the River Nile in the city today known as Luxor (ancient Thebes) and was founded in 1400 B.C.E.

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely awesome place. Been there two years ago, doing a Nile Cruise. It was the fulfilment of one of my biggest travel dreams :) Nice to be reminded of the fantastic time I had in Egypt through this postcard !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!! Egypt is also one of the many countries on my wishlist for a holiday! :-)

    ReplyDelete